- Red, Black and White Fordite earrings handcrafted in fine sterling silver.
- Fordite (sometimes called Detroit agate) was formed one layer at a time as automotive paint accumulated on the metal racks that transported cars through the paint shop. Over decades, the layers hardened with repeated exposure to the high heat of the curing process.
- The alternating layers of vivid color in each piece provide a unique glimpse into automotive history. The colors can be used to identify the origin of the material. On average our Fordite is around 65 years old, from Dearborn, Michigan.
- Due to the interesting and unusual circumstances of its formation, each piece of Fordite is unique and will vary somewhat in appearance, however your earrings will look similar to the image shown.
- Earrings are approximately 1.75" long including sterling silver ear wire.
Starborn Red Fordite earrings, handcrafted in fine sterling silver.